- Receipt of Quarterly Magazine
Across the Board
contains playing hints, local, interstate and overseas Scrabble news,
tournament reports, calendar of upcoming events Australia-wide, word
lists, annotated games and more.
- Discounts on Publications
Members receive substantial discounts on essential Scrabble references, e.g. Collins Scrabble Tournament &
Club Word List (CSTCWL); Collins Dictionary; Official
- Exemption from Tournament Levy
Members attending Australian tournaments
sanctioned by ASPA are exempt from a $5 levy payable by non-members
- Inclusion on National Ratings List
Members attending tournaments acquire a National Rating which will be
retained for at least one year.
National Ratings are adjusted after each tournament attended.
- Qualification for high-level competitions
You need to reach certain rating levels to be eligible to play in major
tournaments like State championships. Ultimately, selection of State
and International representatives is
based on ASPA ratings.
- Public Liability Insurance
Members attending affiliated clubs and tournaments are covered by
Public Liability Insurance maintained nationally.
- Access to Scrabble e-mail List
Members (and non-members) who have an email address may join the caspa discussion list, for news &
discussion about Scrabble around Australia.
- Eligibility for Email Scrabble
Members may play Scrabble from home against players anywhere in
Australia (or overseas). For details see our email rules of play & procedures.
- Assistance in Starting a Scrabble Club
Members considering starting a
club receive advice, financial assistance and a Scrabble kit.
Contact your State Association for
How to Join
Ask at a Club or contact a
Membership Officer in your
State. Membership is only a few dollars per year (small variations
1. Membership fees and subscription RENEWALS become due on 1
are to be paid by no later than 30 September each year. After 30
September the person
is deemed to be unfinancial and not a member.
2. Membership fees. Each State ASPA determines its own fees.
3a. Membership subscriptions are to be paid to the State ASPA
in which your club is affiliated.
3b. If you DO NOT BELONG TO A SCRABBLE CLUB you must pay your
to ASPA in your State of permanent residence.
4. Membership is transferrable between States.